You are here
Formation for Contemplative Outreach Service
Oblate Renewal Center
If you are interested in training others in the method of Centering Prayer, and becoming a commissioned Centering Prayer presenter, the combined Texas chapters of Contemplative Outreach are offering a four-day training in August. Online registration is now available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/centering-prayer-formation-training-tickets....
The details of the training are as follows:
Dates: Thursday, August 17 (arrival between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.) through Sunday, August 20 (departure around 11:00 a.m.)
Location: Oblate Renewal Center, 5700 Blanco Road, San Antonio, Texas, 78216, 210-349-4173.
Cost: $360 double occupancy / $455 single occupancy.
Register online and pay with credit card or check:
• Register and pay with credit card: A convenience fee of 5.74% will be added for use of credit card online. -or-
• Register and pay by check: Register on Eventbrite under the "FREE" ticket option to hold your place. Then, make check payable to Contemplative Outreach and mail to:
10601 Sans Souci Place
Austin, Texas 78759
Checks are due August 1, 2017.
Registration Deadlines: Register on the Eventbrite site by July 21, 2017. If you are paying by check, all checks must be received by August 1, 2017.
Scholarships: Partial scholarships are available. Please email the area co-coordinators listed below to request more information.
Refunds: All refunds can be made up to August 1, 2017.
If you have not met all of the prerequisites and would still like to be considered for participation in this training, please contact the area co-coordinators (contact information is below). The prerequisites are as follows:
• Have participated in a Contemplative Outreach-sponsored Centering Prayer introductory program.
• Have been faithful to a daily practice of Centering Prayer for at least three years.
• Have attended at least one multi-day (preferably five-day or longer) Centering Prayer retreat or plan to attend one in the near future.
• Knowledge of Open Mind, Open Heart by Thomas Keating.
• Familiarity with Thomas Keating's Invitation to Love, Intimacy with God, and his Spiritual Journey video series.
For scholarship inquiries, questions about prerequisites, or other questions, contact the Heart of Texas Contemplative Outreach area Co-Coordinators:
• David Wallace (email@example.com; 512-496-1744) -or-
• Linda Whiteside (firstname.lastname@example.org; 512-797-6360)